After the two weekend state elections, it’s likely that two Labor governments will be (re-)formed: a majority government in SA and a minority government in Tasmania with Greens support (unless the Greens flip to supporting the Libs).
Not that you’d know it from today’s headlines…
- ‘Rudd Faces Anti-Labor Headwinds’ – The Australian
- ‘Libs back from the dead’ – Glenn Milne in The Australian
- ‘Abbott says elections a warning for Rudd’ – ABC.net.au News
- ‘Liberals win the vote, lose the election’ – Adelaide Advertiser
- ‘Liberals hail the fabulous four’ – Adelaide Advertiser
- ‘Liberals ready to share power’ – The Australian
The only thing missing is for some muppet to point out just how strong and consistent the Liberal’s election results are across the nation – just look how often they come second!