Some isolated points that occur to me this morning. Feel free to riff on any or all of them:
- Scanning this morning’s Murdoch and ABC news media, the order of stories and editorial lines are identical.
- An opinion poll result is considered bigger news than the national broadband network.
- Rudd’s preferred PM rating is 11 points above the ALP’s primary vote.
- Abbott’s preferred PM rating is a few points below the Coalition’s primary vote.
- An aggregate 1 in 4 voters are giving their primary vote to either ‘Green’ or ‘Other’
- Labor’s 2PP trend result in the last several Newspolls is 49-50-51-52. Meanwhile the media has been going ape that this is Rudd’s leadership in terminal decline.
- If the Murdoch press really believed that Rudd is going to lose the election, they wouldn’t be screaming for him to be replaced as Labor leader.
- I turned on the teev to see Phil Kafcaloudes “earning” his taxpayer-funded paycheck by reading Dennis Shanahan’s opinion column live to viewers on ABC2.
- Can’t the ABC just run some nature documentaries? My personal favourite is ‘Bugs F***ing To Mozart‘. That would represent better value for my taxes than their present second-rate Murdoch mirror site.